The Yorkshire Primark stores open for 24 hours when lockdown ends
Written by Rother Radio News on 27/11/2020
Primark has announced which of its stores will be open for 24 hours when the national lockdown ends next week.
The retailer revealed plans to open some of its stores for a full 24 hour period earlier this month and has now confirmed which stores will be taking part.
Primark bosses want to give customers more time to get their Christmas shopping done in safe way once all retail stores are allowed to reopen in Tier 1, 2 and 3 areas on Wednesday December 2.
As well as the 24-hour opening in selected stores, other branches will offer longer trading hours too, with some trading until midnight in the run up to Christmas.
In total 11 stores will be open for 24 hours from 7am on December 2 until closing time on December 3.
For the rest of December, all of Primark’s stores will be open until at least 8pm on weekdays right up to December 23.
Primark’s CEO, Paul Marchant, said: “We are delighted to re-open our stores in England on 2 December, with longer shopping hours to give our customers more time to safely do their festive shopping.
“We have everything this season that our customers expect from Primark, including our famous Christmas jumpers, festive pyjamas and much, much more.
“All of our extensive safety measures remain in place to help ensure shopping at Primark is an enjoyable, safe experience for everyone.”
Yorkshire Primark stores opening for 24 hours on December 2:
- York Monks Cross
- Leeds White Rose
December opening hours
- Town high street stores will trade until 8pm
- Town shopping centre stores will trade until 8pm
- Retail parks will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with York Monks Cross trading until midnight
- Major shopping centres will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with Meadowhall trading until 11pm and Leeds White Rose trading until midnight
- Major high street stores: the majority will trade until 10pm